Gnocci… but make it healthy. We’ve taken this clever little recipe with crispy capers and rosemary from our friends at Detox Kitchen, who recommend substituting potato with parsnip for a lower carb alternative and bundles of flavour.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the parsnips whole on a baking tray and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until tender.
2. Remove the parsnips from the oven and allow to cool. Scoop out the flesh, removing the fibrous centre. Place the tender flesh in a large mixing bowl.
3. Put the spinach and 1tbsp olive oil in a blender and pulse until smooth. Add this to the parsnip and combine with a fork. Add the flour, a generous pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Mix until well combined.
4. Make two even sized balls with the mixture and chill for up to an hour. Roll out on a floured surface into two long logs. Cut into small thumb sized pieces.
5. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Drop the gnocchi in the water then remove with a slotted spoon as soon as they rise to the surface of the water (about a minute or two).
6.Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a frying pan then fry the rosemary and capers for 2-3 minutes until crispy. Add the gnocchi and fry until browned and crispy all over. Serve and enjoy!